VIS is always on the lookout for team-oriented, go-getters who enjoy working in a fast-paced, friendly work environment for a fast-growing company.
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding career, then we are looking for you!
Human Resources, VIS
140 Parkland Road
Oak Bluff, MB
Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Safety & Operations Coordinator
The AGI VIS Safety and Operations Coordinator is responsible for all health and safety related activities and initiatives within the division. They will have a strong understanding of safety legislation and requirements, have exceptional interpersonal skills and work collaboratively with all AGI VIS team members.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
- Work closely with management and supervisors to ensure that team members and the working environment meet safety standards
- Stay current on changes to health and safety legislation and best practices, and advise management on changes that impact AGI VIS operations
- Provide coaching and advise management on safety related issues within the organization, providing interpretation on current legislation and implementation within the division
- Complete health & safety reporting on a monthly basis (ie. flash reports)
- Organize regular health and safety training for team members, working with outside training providers where necessary
- Develop, review and revise safe work procedures for the division
- Develop site-specific emergency response plans for all AGI VIS locations and communicate this to management and team members as required
- Report any unsafe work or workplace hazards to the management team and ensure that all issues are properly documented
- Work with Human Resources and department managers when safety violations occur, and disciplinary action is required
- Review PPE requirements and stay up to date on new equipment or resources that may be a benefit to AGI VIS, review cost to the company and to the employee to ensure that we are getting the most value out of our PPE
- Participate and advise the AGI VIS JHSC, ensuring that regular meetings are being held, preparing the required meeting agenda, completing the meeting minutes and reviewing these minutes with the management team and addressing any urgent concerns and recommendations accordingly
- Be the main point of contact for managers, supervisors and team members regarding safety incidents in the workplace, reviewing and investigating incidents as required
- Work with Human Resources to manage WCB claims, ensuring that all necessary paperwork is completed and filed
- Ensure that sick or injured employees are treated on-site if required and arrangements made for transportation to the hospital as requested by the employee
- Attend regular Made Safe meetings to learn about safety programs within other organizations and to stay up-to-date on safe work practices
- Provide safety orientation for outside contractors or business partners that have been hired to perform work at our facility
- Responsible for completing safety inspections, including but not limited to emergency lighting, AED, first aid kit and hazard analysis’
- Arrange for regular inspections to be completed for fire suppression, fire extinguishers, vacuum lifters, overhead cranes, etc. working with external business partners as necessary
- Review health and safety invoices and provide approval as needed
- Develop, facilitate or organize the appropriate safety training for AGI VIS team members, including but not limited to respirator protection, fall protection, scissor lift and WHMIS
- Maintain safety training spreadsheet and track participation, expiry dates and course dates accordingly
- Maintain the AGI VSI MSDS binder and ensure that it is current and up-to-date
- Create and distribute Tool Box Talks for stand-up meetings
- All other duties as assigned.
- Manage and maintain spreadsheets and documentation for facility maintenance, including but not limited to maintenance documents and service agreements
- Arrange service work on overhead doors and overhead cranes as needed
- Provide operational support for the purchasing department as needed
- Assist in the ordering of materials for the facility and monitoring of material inventory as needed
- Work with outside suppliers on pricing, quality, delivery and invoicing concerns
- Source alternate supplier/vendor information as needed
- Maintain the AGI VIS housekeeping spreadsheet
- Provide back-up for payroll and attendance tracking activities if needed
- Coordinate and organize staff events, delegating and working with other team members as appropriate
- All other duties as assigned
- 3+ years in a safety related role in a manufacturing environment
- Post-secondary education and certification in Occupational Health & Safety or combination of education and hands-on experience
- Valid First Aid/CPR certification
- Strong working knowledge of federal and provincial health & safety legislation and applicable standards and guidelines
- Experience developing and facilitating training in a group setting
- Strong computer skills with experience in health & safety platforms
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Ability to champion health & safety policies and procedures in all areas of the division
- Ability to work positively in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making ability
- Self-directed, results orientated and able to work under tight deadlines
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can submit their resume and cover letter by emailing email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AGI VIS is a division of Ag Growth International located in Oak Bluff, MB. We are a leading manufacturer of grain, feed and fertilizer handling, storage and conditioning equipment.
We work closely with our customers to provide innovative and effective design solutions for their operation, while building strong relationships as well as quality products.
Why AGI VIS
• Competitive compensation package
• Comprehensive group benefit plan
• Team atmosphere
• Development Opportunities